Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some Dreams...



As a girl from a conservative Indian family all my life I have been told and made to believe that marriage is an essential part of a girls life.. Its a duty which all parents have to full fill as soon as their little princess turns 23 to 25...
Even my dad with just like all other parents have this beautiful dream of my marriage painted in his mind.. i rather not say painted... cause a canvas can be washed off with water.. he has this dream etched into his thoughts...

Being very very possessive about me.. my dad wants to do right from finding the guy, shopping the wedding stuff, conducting my wedding function all by himself.. so has been his dream... And as all dads he fears every other guy friend of mine... when my dad meets my friends the only fear he has is "will this be the guy who can rip all his dreams"...I know for sure my dad never liked any of guy friends...And mind you this doesnt mean he is narrow minded..It just means he loves me too much to allow any other random guy to possess me... Thats my dad... He who knows nothing but love me without any inhibitions... I know i have not been the exact little princess of his who used to look up to him and listen to him.. I have been fighting for reasons of my own... fighting for what i believe is right for me... putting that poor lil man in such a bad position every day...And for the person am I know I will never tell him i feel terrible about myself for hurting him... I just wish he reads this post some day...


No matter what dad.. you have been, are and will always be my hero.. the one whom i love the most and whose happiness matters the most to me... your one smile would mean the world to me.. And no matter where am or with whom am... your position in my life is etched it will never ever change.. cos who else can hug me even when the universe decides to shut me down.. it will be just you... You have always embraced me and guided me with good will.. and I know I have always disappointed you.. I promise you dad i will not let you down one day you will be proudly telling "there she goes my daughter, my angel"...

1 comment: